Greetings from Alternative tours
At alternative we pride ourselves on our ability to provide our customers with flexibility, choice and freedom and a unique, stress free adventure. We are a new age tour company with over 10 years experience. We pride ourselves in delivering tours that won’t leave a hole in your pocket but will leave everlasting memories. Our tour company is like no other you will experience. It includes all the ‘bells and whistles’ yet has the freedom and flexibility to create your own unique experience with the comfort of a helping hand along the way to ensure your adventure is worry free. Our tours are majority self-guided, which means we can keep our prices low and give you the flexibility, independence and choices you deserve as a traveller.
Upon arriving in Bangkok our friendly team member will be waiting with a smile, ready to pick you up and chauffeur you to your contemporary and charismatic accommodation, where you will be given the opportunity to relax and unwind. The next morning you will be greeted by one of our amazing and inspirational guides and you will receive a booklet containing all necessary travel documents and tickets. Then, after a friendly chat and after any questions that may arise, you will be guided through bustling and exotic Bangkok and be shown where to get all modes of transport, including river taxis. You will be given the opportunity to sample many of Bangkok’s delights and be shown a lot of majestic places that you may have never discovered.
At this stage we believe you will feel confident and excited about your adventure and will receive a sim card and the guides number for any unexpected speed humps along the way. We will be available 24/7 and believe any alternative customer is part of the alternative tour family
Please inform us of your flight number and arrival time prior to commencing your flight so we can prepare for your arrival. An email will be sent to you to confirm pick up details.
Upon arriving at Bangkok airport please walk to the meeting point at Gate 3 where our friendly team member will be holding a sign up with your name and will chauffeur you to your hotel. The rest of the day will be yours to unwind or start exploring exotic and bustling Bangkok or check out the fun and exciting nightlife.
Accommodation: w22 Hotel 422
Mittraphan Rd Khic city that Newaeng Pom Prap Khet Pom Prap Sattru Phai Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10100
• Today at 9am you will be greeted by our knowledgeable and experienced local guide. The local guide will advise you about all your tour details and will give you a chance to ask questions, if you have any questions you want answered, and provide you with a sim card. They will also provide their number should you have any questions along the way. The guide will then proceed to show you how to use maps on your phone and will mark all the relevant locations for you to eliminate any unnecessary stress along the way.
• Next you will commence your included walking tour to experience and live and breathe what Bangkok has to offer. Your local guide will walk you through bustling China Town, where you will experience majestic Temples. From here you will board a Chao Praya Taxi boat to Pak Klong Talad (flower and vegetable market), where you will walk to and visit more Temples. Your walking tour includes a variety of different transportations, where you will experience every day local life and culture, leaving you excited and hungry to experience more. The tour will finish in front of Wat Pho Temple. Here your local guide will give you a choice to go to Khao San Road or have the option of going back to the hotel.
• While you are on your walking tour you will experience first-hand how beautiful the Thai culture is. It will leave you with everlasting experiences and amazing memories.
• After your mesmerising walking tour, you should feel confident and have a vast idea of other attractions you may want to visit. There are never-ending and interesting places to visit while in Bangkok.
• Note: Please prepare yourself for long walks and hot weather and ensure you have conservative dress to visit the temples. If you feel as though it is too much at any stage, please advise your friendly tour guide and they will make alternative plans to suit your needs.
• All temple entry prices
• Option IN BKK
• Visit Wat Arun temple
• Wat Pho temple
• Grand palace
• Jim Thompson house
• JJ market (only on weekends)
• Shopping at MBK
• Night Bike tour (with just Nok)
• Street food at Khao san road
• Night out in BKK
• How to use all kinds of transportation
Today is a free day before you board the overnight train. Please check out all the options on the list and do not hesitate to contact your friendly guide if you want any additional information. Please ensure you are on time for your train to Chumpon, as unfortunately it will not wait for any late comers.
Hotel: Overnight train
Arrival at Chumpon train station will be very early around 4am. After disembarking the train, please head to the ticket counter where you will receive your tickets for the ferry. A bus will transfer you to your ferry for your journey to Koh Tao island.
Upon arrival to Koh Tao, you can walk to the hotel. Today is a free day where you have the option to spend the day by the beach after your long journey.
Hotel: Koh Tao
Koh Tao - Snorkeling trip around the island is included
Ferry to Koh Phangan (time to be advised)
Arrive at Koh Pangan pier. Please look for your name, then your chauffeur will be waiting to take you to your hostel.
Hotel: Good Time Hostel Koh Pangan
Hotel: Good Time Hostel - Koh Pangan
Hotel: Koh Phangan
Please collect your ferry ticket from the hotel and transfer to ferry to Koh Samui.
On arrival at Koh Samui there will be a transfer to your hotel (check in time is 2 PM)
Hotel: Koh Samui
We will advise you how to come back to Bangkok
End of tour
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox